Who are we?
Experts in the manufacture of plant extracts and natural cosmetics
Renowned for its expertise, unique know-how and genuine passion for plants, Alban Muller is a natural cosmetic industry preferred partner: a model of excellence in high-performance extracts manufacturing and skincare creator.
1978 – The Alban Muller Group is created.
1979 – Founder and President Alban Muller establishes a small atelier specializing in the research and development of plant-based active ingredients located rue des Ricochets in Montreuil, on the outskirts of Paris.
1983 – A significant growth renders the quarters too confined. The first R&D laboratories are set up at a new production site, rue Saint-Just.
A first expansion
1991 – The Group builds its own facility to house the labs and the production unit, rue de Rosny.
A second expansion
1996 – A new production site is opened in Fontenay-sur-Eure, near Chartres. The administrative and commercial services will find a home in 1998 in Vincennes, close to Paris.
The garden of biodiversity
2003 – Alban Muller is committed to the preservation of biodiversity through the creation of a garden harboring more than 1000 vegetable species on a 9-hectare domain at the heart of the Cosmetic Valley.
Presidency of the Cosmetic Valley
2005 – From 2005 to 2011, Alban Muller serves as President of the Cosmetic Valley, world’s leading perfume-cosmetics resource center. He focuses on the development of an eco-responsible Charter.
2006 – After having been represented for many years in the United States, the Group establishes the first American site in its own name in Miami.
2014 – The Group is granted the “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant” (Living Heritage Company) status. It is one of the numerous awards received during the last 40 years for its expertise in applied research and corporate social responsibility.
2016 – A new R&D center is inaugurated in Fontenay-sur-Eure.
Most Sustainable Company
2017 – The Group receives the Most Sustainable Company award for its eco-responsible engagement at the Future of Sustainability conference in New York.
Best CSR Initiative Award (Corporate Social Responsibility)
This distinction rewards the best sustainable and eco-friendly manufacturing processes and development.
The Alban Muller Group today
After 40 years in business, the Alban Muller Group is now home to 120 employees across three locations:
- Vincennes: the commercial entity responsible for selling products in France and in over 50 countries as well as the administrative, legal and human resources departments.
- Fontenay-sur-Eure: the head office, ingredients/cosmetics labs and production unit. It is located in the heart of the Cosmetic Valley, the world’s leading resource center for cosmetics and perfumery.
- Miami: this commercial bureau spearheads our endeavors in the United States and coordinates the action of two other offices (New York and Los Angeles).
“Select one path, a single one, and dig through it. Choose nature, elect natural, and stick to it. From the seed to the active extract, watch over the plant. Patiently, break through its secrets. Respectfully, extract its pure fraction. Scientifically, concentrate its properties. To create more innovative formulas, produce more effective care, develop more sensory textures, and deliver to the skin the quintessence of the plant.”
The Alban Muller Group is the leading expert in the manufacture of natural cosmetics. The rewards and certifications earned over the decades attest to the quality of our products, which are marketed to the largest international groups.
Manufacturing natural cosmetics
Cosmetics are the Group’s principal activity. 10 to 15% of the investments go annually to the research and development of new cosmetic formulations.
A variety of services
- Custom cosmetic ingredient development support: We provide our research labs and production tools to manufacture titrated and tested natural ingredients for your cosmetic formulas.
- Custom cosmetic product development support: We also develop formulas and personalized care products for brands all over the world, working in close collaboration with our customers to define the specifications of each product.
- A ready-to-use solution – Ready-to-Beauty products: We offer a range of natural care products without parabens, silicones or mineral oils that are ready-made for marketing and distribution.
Industrial Site Director
Chief Operating Officer
Technical Director, Ingredients Division
General Manager USA
Global Sales Director
CSR & Human Resources Director
Director of development